Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Person I want to be

Today in Relief Society I had the overwhelming thought of what kind of person do I want to be and the first thing that popped into my mind was my Mother. She has so many character traits that I want. I want my future children to be as lucky as I am.

Caring. There hasn't been point in her life where she hasn't been serving someone. Her belief is that when you are helping someone you are happier. So though she never has her own personal time she is the happiest person I have ever met. Which brings me to the next one....

Happiness, it seems to radiate right off of her. She is always smiling. When I had to go the plastic surgeon, he told my Mom that he could get rid of her wrinkles. She politely turned him down. I was proud of her because those wrinkles shows the type of life she has.

Her ability to love makes her stand apart the most. Us kids were not easy on her and still she loves us. She was never allowed to have anything nice because we would destroy it, but that never mattered to her. She loves her family. She takes care of us. She will do anything for anyone of us. Her love doesn't stop with her family, it moves to the neighbors or anyone that she comes into contact with.

The Gospel has always been a part of her life. She has an unwavering testimony and she isn't afraid to share it. Everyone that meets her can see it in her eyes. No matter the topic of conversation she can bring it back to the church. Though at times we tease her about that, I really do love it about her. She truly has centered her life around Christ.

She has raised eight kids while working full time and she helped my Dad run the Donut Shop. While doing that she never complained about a single thing. She is the strongest woman I will ever know.

I just hope that I can be half of the woman, wife, and mother she is.I LOVE YOU MOM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment