Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My front porch


Every morning the past couple of weeks I have sat out on my porch waiting for a ride to work and this is Erda that I have come to love...
The beat is the sound of a sprinkler in the near by hayfield. The hint of wet grass that come in the slow, cool breeze. Watching the sun slowly come up over the mountain making it seem like everything is starting over again. The occasional rooster announcing the coming day. There isn't a sound of a car to interrupt the quietness, just the sound of a country life. Simple, happy yet full of trials and hard work.
Erda will always be my home.

1 comment:

  1. very poetic, mere. i love erda too. cheers to being home and remembering what simple beauty looks like. i'm going to remain an art major, after all of that. just so you know. love you.

    ReplyDelete